I am an internally modest girl who would not claim to be great at ‘shouting out’ about the cool things. I also think that’s really quite endearing.
But today I am going to ‘shout out’ about the extras because I feel it paints a more detailed picture of who I am, my dedication, my drive and because I feel proud. They are cool. I love what the participation in sport brings in to my life. And I love that I have been able to put something back in to the community and have been able to encourage others.
Those who know me know that I am an avid runner, mountain biker and snow border. What better way to embrace life – get out there and live it!
So here we go, some of my personal achievements so far:
- I recently competed in the Craft Bike Trans Alps 2010, which was an 8 day stage race across the Alps, 600km and 19500m of climbing. I did this for charity raising over £1000 for the Dame Kelly Holmes Legacy Trust. You can read more here as it really was one of the toughest things I have done.
- I competed in the Davos Mountain Marathon 2009 in Switzerland and came home in 7th place for women. Not a fast time, but I was up there with the best mountain runners in the world.
- I competed in the London Marathon in 2001, 2003 &2005 . All tough races with their own challenges.
- Raced the New York Marathon in 1999 & 2001, 45th for women.
- I was a NZ Commonwealth Games Trialist back in 1989 and 1990, a NZ National 800m champion in 1989 and in the NZ Athletics Development squad in 1990.